What better time of the year than this for Android fans, and we at mobiDdiction also agree that 2012 is going to be the YEAR of the MOBILE, if you didn’t read one of our earlier posts.
Google recently announced that the Android Market Place passed 10 Billion App downloads from their market place with the Android device activations reaching a staggering 700,000+ activations per day, the figure of 550,000 was released back in June 2011.
There is also a supporting infographic that tells stories such as the ‘most popular time to download an app’ to the least popular. Also the most app-crazed countries in the world from South Korea being number #1 to Norway at number #10. I was a bit surprised to see that Australia doesn’t even feature in the Top 10 list of countries though we’ve been hearing a lot of Android talks specially from last year. Guess, it’s all thanks to the iPhone’s out there and their loyal base.
Few stats from the Android – [INFOGRAPHIC]:
- Most popular time to download an App: Sunday 9pm
- Least popular time to download an App: Monday 4am
- People from 190 countries download apps every day
- 25.6% of downloads are Games (39.25% of which are Arcade games)
- 12.2% Entertainment related
- 4.0% Social related
- 11.17% Tools aka productivity, utility factor associated
- 100 Million words translated every week in 200 different countries on Google Translate
- 4054 years spent playing Talking Tom during which Tom has been knocked down 10.6 Billion times.
We had a few more stats on our blog for 2011 - incase you’re interested.
Google’s infographic on Android Market Growth:
For those who’re interested in the Android developers channel on YouTube, here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/androiddevelopers